Microblading with machine v blade. What are the main differences?
1. Microblading is an advanced form of cosmetic tattooing that enhances the eyebrows. Technically, when Microblading is performed, a small blade like manual tool is used to create hair like strokes or shading. The vast array of industry terminology seems to get people muddled up, so many call the machine method of permanent makeup “microblading with machine”.
2. Both methods are regularly used for eyebrows, however the machine method of permanent makeup is more commonly used for eyeliner and lips.
3. Both methods are often referred to as semi permanent but in fact are both as permanent as each other. Do not be fooled into thinking that there blade method is any less permanent.
4. A rotary machine used for the application of permanent makeup works differently. A power supply connected to a hand piece (usually a pen like device), powers a sterile needle cartridge which oscillates the needles in and out of the cartridge at a high speed, creating between 120 – 150 punctures in the skin per second.
5. Microblading is a form of manual permanent makeup whereby a collection of needles are soldered into configurations such as slopes, flats, U’s and clusters to create a manual blade like tool and which is used to superficially implant colour into the top layer of skin. Manual microblading is generally considered a little more invasive than the machine method due to the nature of implantation.
Microblading with machine for the eyebrows, eyes and lips.
Microblading with machine instead of the actual microblade tool can be used on not only the eyebrows but also the eyeliner and the lips as well.
The rotary pen like device can be used to enhance the eyebrows with both hair strokes and shading using the latest products and techniques.
The machine can also be used to enhance the eyes with a simple eyelash enhancement, a liquid look liner or a soft shaded smoky liner.
The machine is also used to create lip blushes and lipstick looks to die for, which are becoming one of the most popular and sought after treatments.
Microblading with machine or blade... which is best?
The main difference between Microblading with machine or with the microblade is actually the tool that is used. Ultimately, the best person to decide which tool to use, is the Microbaldong and Permanent Makeup artist. The artist has the training and knowledge to make an educated decision about what method is best for your specific skin type.
To find a good artist in your area, it is important to do your research. Read my previous blog post with my top tips on how to find a great artist in your area here.