Microblading & Permanent Makeup
- What is microblading, exactly? Microblading is a revolutionary eyebrow treatment that mimics hair to fill in gaps in the eyebrows, create more structure in the eyebrows and even replace hair that has been lost through alopecia or over plucking.
- Microblading is similar to permanent makeup however, a manual tool rather than a machine is used to create very fine, hair like lines in the eyebrows.
- Contrary to popular belief, Microblading is still a form of cosmetic tattooing and results can last years before completely fading away.
- Permanent Makeup is a cosmetic tattoo that imitates perfectly applied cosmetics, with natural-looking results that can be as subtle or as dramatic as you want! You may have heard it also referred to as Semi Permanent Makeup, Micro Pigmentation or Cosmetic Tattooing.
- The effect is achieved in by infusing hypo-allergenic specialist pigments into the dermal layer of your skin, where they remain all day, every day.
- The results fade gradually over 2-3 years, with a colour boost procedure recommended 12 – 18 months after the initial application to maintain a fresh appearance.The most common procedures are Eyebrow Tattoo, Eyeliner Tattoo and Lip Tattoo.
- I also specialise in Areola Reconstruction, MCA and Scar Camouflage, a revolutionary procedure designed to infuse pigment into scarred areas in order to subtly blend into the unaffected skin, camouflaging its appearance.
If eyebrow microblading and permanent makeup are both forms of cosmetic tattoo then that’s the difference between the treatments?
- Generally microblading is performed on the eyebrows, whereas permanent makeup is performed on the eyebrows, eyeliner and lips.
- Microblading is performed using a manual tool whereas permanent makeup is performed using a rotary hand piece and needle cartridge.
- The cost for microblading and permanent makeup can differ greatly form area to area and from artist to artist.
- I charge £395 for eyebrow microblading, eyebrow permanent makeup, eyeliner permanent makeup and lip permanent makeup. This price includes a complimentary retouch within 12 weeks.
- After a consultation during which your face shape, skin tone and hair colour are analysed I will “pre-draw” your enhancement using conventional cosmetics. This ensures that the correct colours and styles are chosen for you and the finished result is exactly what you want.
- Because client comfort is of the utmost importance, numbing agents are applied prior to the pigment “infusion” process, during which an electronic hand piece is traced over the “pre-drawn template” allowing specialist pigments to be precisely infused into your skin.
- Most appointments take around 2-3 hours depending on the procedure and my clients describe the sensation as “like having your eyebrows tweezed” or “a tingling sensation”.
- Unless you have paid a discounted price, a complimentary tune-up where necessary is included in the price. Please check when booking.
- Microblading and Permanent Makeup are generally considered very safe treatments for most people. If you have a serious medical condition is is advisable to inform me of this when booking your appointments.
- I follow a strict code of practice that ensures a safe treatment.
- I use strictly “one use only” disposable products that are completely disposed of at the end of your treatment.
- I choose to work only with hypoallergenic pigments that meet European medical standards, are cruelty free and vegan friendly.
- I only use the highest quality sterile needles and blades, which are disposed of responsibly immediately after the treatment is completed.
- An allergy test will always be prior to the treatment, usually this can be done during your consultation or if you prefer, I can post a patch test kit and instructions to your home address.
- All microblading and permanent makeup procedures are performed with your comfort in mind.
- A numbing cream is applied to the skin before the procedure to assure you have the most comfortable experience possible. Most people are surprised at how gentle the procedures are.
- After your microblading or permanent makeup treatment, the colour will be apparent for the first 3 days and will generally start to fade thereafter. You can expect the healed result to be approximately 30% lighter in the case of brows and eyeliner and 50% lighter in the case of lips.
- Healing takes approximately 4-6 weeks and is dependant on factors such as age and adhering to the advised aftercare. For a more detailed explanation, click HERE.
- I allow 2-3 hours for the initial microblading or permanent makeup appointment.
- Only half of this time is spent actually performing the treatment.
- The longevity of microblading or permanent makeup is determined by a number of factors such as skin type, colours chosen, lifestyle and sun exposure to name just a few.
- Most of my clients enjoy results lasting between 12-18 months before noticing any considerablefading.
- At this point, an annual colour boost appointmentis recommended to keep r4esults looking fresh.
- Results tend to fade completely within approximately 7 years in the case of eyebrows and lips.
- Eyeliners rarely completely fade out and tend to be more permanent.
- Microblading and permanent makeup lightens naturally, over time. However, if you want to have your microblading or permanent makeup removed then yes, lightening and removal is possible.
- There are a number of techniques available such as laser and salt saline removal which have been known to be quite successful.
The minimum age for a microblading or permanent makeup treatment is 18.
- Yes, patch testing is mandatory for both eyebrow microblading and all permanent makeup treatments and must be performed at least 48 hours before treatment.
- Patch testing is usually done in person at a consultation appointment, however if you are travelling to the clinic and need a patch test and instructions to be posted out to your home, this can be arranged.
If you would like to book a consultation, or if you feel confident enough and you are happy to make an informed decision and book your procedure you can BOOK ONLINE or get in touch via the form on the contact page or if you would like to speak to me then please feel free to call me on 07736 428509 during office hours.
- HD Brows is a bespoke eyebrow treatment that gets you the absolute best out of your natural eyebrows.
- Multiple steps are taken to ensure that every single natural eyebrow hair is maximised to it’s full potential.
- A combination of bespoke design, expert colour blending and multiple hair removal techniques, ensures that this is not your average eyebrow treatment.
- HD Brows is designed to set you on the right path with making the most off your natural eyebrows or regrowing hair lost through over plucking.
- HD Brows is the top rated eyebrow treatment that celebrities love.
- HD Brows has stood the test of time and has been a trusted brand name for over 10 years.
- HD Brows is the only tailored treatment with a regrowth programme geared toward achieving your dream eyebrows.
- HD Brow is a great alternative to microblading or permanent makeup.
- HD Brows is a great way to get your brows into shape before microblading or permanent makeup.
- HD Brows uses custom colouring and various different hair removal techniques to make the most out of your natural eyebrow hair.
- The colouring lasts a week or two on the skin depending on skin type and lifestyle and up to 6 weeks on the eyebrow hair.
- Microblading and permanent makeup gives eyebrows long lasting colour, shape and definition and can last years depending on skin type and lifestyle.
- Microblading and permanent makeup do not permanently affect the colour if the hair and hair removal where necessary will need to be maintained.
- HD Brows is a great way to get your eyebrows in shape for microblading or permanent makeup and HD Brows Express is a great way to maintain your brows after microblading/permanent makeup.
HD brows are £39.50 or if you’re in a rush – HD Brows Express are £25.00.
- After a full and thorough consultation discussing your ultimate eyebrow goals, a custom tint is mixed and applied to your eyebrow hairs and the ultra fine, downy vellus hairs around the eyebrows, making the most of every single eyebrow hair you have.
- This is then followed by a precision eyebrow wax to ensure the cleanest finish to your eyebrow edges.
- Threading is used to catch any remaining vellus hair outside your eyebrows design and remove any traces of waxing.
- The brows are then trimmed, tweezed and finished using HD Brows expert makeup.
- Finally, we will discuss your tailored aftercare advice, ensuring you get the most out of your new eyebrows.
- HD brows are a perfectly safe treatment for those not allergic to the ingredients used in the treatments
- A mandatory patch test for PPD is required at least 48 hours prior to treatment and a wax patch test is available upon request.
- If you have PPD, cosmetic or wax allergies, or simply require more information regarding the products used in my HD Brows treatments, please contact me via the contact form.
- The results of HD brows can last between 2 – 6 weeks depending on skin type, hair growth and lifestyle.
- After a few treatments, we should get into a regular pattern of maintainin your HD Brow results.
- Most clients return every 3-4 weeks.
- A patch test will be required at least 48 hours prior to treatment. This can be done in salon or at home.
- Ideally, it’s best if you leave your brows alone in the run up to your HD Brows appointments. Let the expert handle everything for you.
- Let me know if you’re using any skin care around the eyes or brows that contain retinol or skin resurfacing products.
- Let me know of you’re taking any medications that may thin the skin such as acne medications or oral steroids.
Hd brows usually take around 45 minutes and HD Brows Express around 15 mins
The minimum age for an HD Brows treatment is 16.
- Yes, patch testing is mandatory for both HD Brows and HD brows Express treatments and must be performed at least 48 hours before treatment.
- Patch testing can done in person at the salon, however if you are travelling to the clinic and need a patch test and instructions to be posted out to your home, this can be arranged.
- For some, achieving great results with HD brows can happen in one treatment, for others who, like myself, over plucked for years, achieving the best possible results may take time and a course of treatments.
- The HD Brows Regrowth Programme helps to “grow in” sparse and over plucked areas of the eyebrow and you will be coached on how to use cosmetics to fill in any areas that won’t grow in.
Simple! You can BOOK ONLINE here – ensure you let us know if you are going to pop into the salon for a patch test or if you require a patch test to be posted to you.