Permanent Lipstick, Permanent Lip Tints and Permanent Lip Blush is big news in the beauty world at the moment. Full, juicy, rosy lips can make us feel younger, more sensual and give us an unrivalled confidence boost. Think Angelina Jolie, Liv Tyler, Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence for celebrity “Lipspiration”.
Sadly, as we get older our lips loose the natural definition and volume we are blessed with when young. Many of my clients are opting to have a lip tattoo revamp which enables them to spend less time on their morning routine and give them the confidence to go “bare lipped” all day long.
With just a slick of gloss they are ready to face the day. My lip tattoo treatments can restore shape and volume, add depth of colour, correct unflattering blue lip tones and even give the illusion of added volume without the need for filler.
My Permanent Lip Makeup Treatments
I offer a range of permanent lip tattoo treatments to enhance and restore the lips with gorgeous, natural results. My aim is to make you look and feel your best and enhance your natural features with expertly applied permanent makeup for the lips.
Full Lip Tint
Blue Lip Correction
Choosing the Perfect Lip Colour
If you have been thinking about having your lips tattooed, then naturally you’ve been thinking about what the perfect colour would be. The lip tattoo is fast becoming a must have beauty treatment and with the vast range of lip colours now available, there’s a lot to be excited about.
The pigment range I use is vegan, cruelty free and offers longer lasting results than ever before thanks to its high density of colour.
Often, I am asked for a very subtle and natural look. Bright or dense colours are not for everyone so i’m always happy to advise and test the nude and natural options as well. There really is something for everyone.
The most popular lip colours I am asked for are pinks and peaches, these give a lovely rosy tint to the lips which looks stunningly natural. Of course, if bright and bold is your thing, then I certainly have plenty of options for you too. The colours that will suit you will largely depend on your natural lip tone so it’s important that you understand what your natural tone is.
How do we choose the perfect lip colour?
1. Identify your natural lip tone.
To determine what your lip tone is, look in the mirror and pull your bottom lip down. You should be able to see some colours in the veins inside your lip. If you see pink or
virtually no tone, then you are quite neutral and can get away with almost any colour. If the veins look purple or blue, then you have a natural cool lip tone and you will need to opt for orange or peach based colours to neutralise these naturally cool tones.
2. Test colours at home.
Check at home which colours suit you and which don’t. If you have naturally cool
undertones, it is likely warmer peaches pinks and orange reds that will look best. If you prefer cooler pinks or reds then it is not completely out of the question but some tweaks may be needed to ensure the correct outcome.
3. Wear your chosen colour for a while.
Once you’ve chosen the colour that you think you’d like to have as a lip tattoo, wear it consistently for a while to ensure you’re happy with your choice.
4. Wear your chosen colour to your consultation.
It’s a great idea to bring your ideal shade of lip colour to your lip tattoo consultation to give me an idea of the result you are trying to achieve. This helps me to understand what you’re used to wearing on a daily basis and custom blend the pigments to match your desired lip colour.
The Lip Tattoo : What to expect
If you’re considering a lip tattoo, then you will instinctively want to know what to expect from the treatments, it’s good to know that :
- A full consultation and patch test is performed a minimum of 48 hours before treatment.
- There is very little down time after the treatment. No time off work is required.
- Lips can be quite swollen immediately after the treatment, so it’s best not to make social plans on the day of your appointment. This usually subsides within 24 hours.
- Healing can take 7-10 days.
- Lips can be quite dry and flaky during healing.
- The colour will look stronger for the first few days after the treatment.
- It’s s good idea to avoid spicy or very salty foods and to drink through a straw for a day or two after treatment.
- You can expect up to 60% colour loss during healing. I recommend a retouch to boost the results within 12 weeks which is included in the price.
- The treatment is not painful, most clients experience only minor discomfort.
- Whilst lip tattoo treatments do not cause cold sores, clients who have previously suffered from cold sores (Herpes Simplex Virus) are advised to obtain Acyclovir (Zovirax) medication from their Pharmacy or Doctor prior to treatment to help avoid the possibility of an outbreak.