hair systems for Men
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms of hair loss, you’re certainly not alone. 50% of men experience some form of hair loss by the time they reach middle age and a whopping 95% of hair loss in men is caused by androgenetic alopecia also known as male pattern baldness.
Most experts agree that male pattern baldness is caused by hormonal changes in the body that lead to the shedding of hair follicles. It’s not uncommon to lose hair on the top of the scalp first, before the sides and back of the head.
A hair system is a great option for men that have noticed thinning and balding. It’s a non surgical, cosmetic hair loss solution that replaces the fullness and thickness of what is lost, providing a more youthful appearance.
I work with the U.K’s most reputable supplier of hair systems for men, TrendCo.
HAIR LOSS MYTHS
- Washing your hair too frequently can cause hair loss.
- Anyone can have hair transplant surgery.
- Hair loss only happens to old people.
- Baldness can only be passed from father to son.
- Bald people must be ill.
- Wearing hats causes hair loss.
- Cutting your hair prevents hair loss.
- Shaving your hair off means it will grow back thicker.
- Hair loss is something to be ashamed of.
- Only women get upset about hair loss.
- Only women wear hair pieces.
HAIR LOSS FACTS
- Genetics are the main contributing factors leading to hair loss.
- It’s completely normal to shed up to 150 hairs per day.
- Alopecia Areata affects around 2 in every 1000 people.
- 50% of men over 50 suffer with hair loss.
- Vitamin deficiency can cause hair loss.
- Illness can cause hair loss. Steroids can cause hair loss.
- Hormone imbalances can cause hair loss.
- Wearing hats continuously or hats that are too tight can cause hair loss.
- Regrowth after Alopecia Areata can grow back without colour.
- Hair can grow back with a different texture after chemotherapy.
HAIR SYSTEMS FOR MEN
Hair Systems, also known as Hair Replacement Systems or Hair Restoration Systems, are a cosmetic, non surgical way to cover areas of hair loss.
Hair systems are hair pieces that are comprised of a thin base or membrane, into which human or synthetic (or a blend of both) hairs are injected or hand tied into the base, to give the illusion of hair growing out of the head. The membrane is then attached to the scalp using adhesives or tapes which keep it securely in place and cut and blended into your own hair, to your specific requirements.
Unlike hair toppers or wigs, which work very well at blending in with long hair and disguising hair loss in women, hair systems for men are great for shorter hairstyles. Once applied, the hair system blends seamlessly into the existing hair and scalp, is virtually undetectable and is perfect for men who want to disguise their hair loss.
Hair systems come in a range of textures, lengths and densities and in very natural colours, plus we can add a salt and pepper scattering of grey for an ultra natural look or up to 100% grey hair as your natural hair gets greyer.
HAIR SYSTEM SERVICES : What to expect
If you’re considering GETTING A HAIR SYSTEM, then of course you will want to know what to expect from the PROCESS. It’s good to know that :
- You will first attend a consultation where we can establish your needs and requirements, explain the options available to you and take your measurements. Consultations are performed in a private consultation room to guarantee 100% discretion.
- There is no obligation to proceed with an order until you are completely ready.
- When you are ready we will place your order and invite you to book a fitting appointment. If you prefer, we can arrange a viewing appointment for you to check your new hair and ensure you are 100% happy before proceeding with a fitting appointment.
- At your fitting appointment, you new hair will be fitted, cut and styled to your requirements. I will also explain how to care for your new hair at home, provide styling tips and advise you on how to get the best out of your new hair.
- Additional styling services and lessons will be available at an additional fee.
- You will then return every 4-6 weeks to have a maintenance appointment to keep your hair system in tip top condition and have your own hair cut and blended back into your system.
Book your hair consultation
If you feel ready to meet me and start your new hair journey, simply book your consultation by clicking the button below. I can't wait to help you with your hair loss and look forward to meeting you soon!Click Here